What is a garage door seal?
The garage door seal is an important component in preventing weather damage and keeping pests out of your garage.
The seal is located at the bottom, sides and top of the garage door and helps to create a weather-tight seal when the door is closed.
There are a variety of different types of garage door seals, each designed to provide maximum protection against the elements.
In general, however, all door weather seals work by creating a barrier between the bottom of the door and the ground and the perimeter of the door and the pillars and lintel.
This barrier helps to keep out moisture, dirt, and debris while also preventing rodents and other pests from entering the garage.
When choosing a garage door seal, it is important to select one that is compatible with your specific type of door.
For example, if you have a roll-up garage door, you will need a different type of seal than someone with a sectional / panelift door.
With so many different options on the market, it is easy to find a seal that meets your needs and provides reliable protection for your garage.
What are the benefits of installing garage door seals?
Garage door seals are an effective and relatively inexpensive way to improve the energy efficiency of your home.
By sealing the space around your door, you can keep warm air from escaping in the winter and cool air from escaping in the summer.
This can help to lower your energy bills and make your home more comfortable year-round.
In addition, garage door seals can also help to reduce outside noise, making your home a quieter and more peaceful place to live.
Whether you’re looking to save money or create a more comfortable living environment, rubber and brush door seals are worth considering.
How to install your rubber door seals in 4 simple steps
A garage door floor seal is a great way to keep out drafts, dust, and pests.
However, if its not installed correctly, it can cause damage to your door or allow pests and dust to enter your home.
Here are some tips for installing a garage door floor seal:
- Start by cleaning the surface of your door. Remove any dirt, dust, or debris that could prevent the seal from adhering properly.
- Next, measure the garage door weather seal according to the size of your door. Cut it to size if necessary.
- Pre-drill pilot holes in the aluminium carriers. Aligning the seal with the edges of the door, screw the supplied stainless screws though the pre-drilled holes through the carrier and into the bottom of the door.
- Slide the rubber seal into the carrier. Apply a bead of adhesive around the perimeter of the door. Place the seal on top of the adhesive, being careful to align it evenly with the edges of the door.
- Once the Your door bottom seal is now in place and protecting your home. Use a roller or brush to smooth it out and ensure that there are no air bubbles. Allow the adhesive to dry for 24 hours before using your garage door.
Shop online with Seal Your Garage
Don’t wait to protect your garage from the elements. With Seal My Garage, you can count on quality, performance and value every time.
Buy our rubber door seals brush door seals & reach out to our team with questions. Shop online now and get free shipping Australia-wide!